Share this Post
From timeless stories, fabulous fantasies and amazing adventures to high-flying thrills and live action shows, Walt Disney World Resort is filled with rides and attractions designed to make memories for the entire family. If you’re headed to Orlando, Florida for a Disney World vacation, you’ll want to take some time planning your strategy to catch as many of your favorite attractions as possible. Disney World alone features 4 world-class theme parks, offering hundreds of attractions, activities, live shows, fireworks spectaculars and a whole lot more.
The major theme parks have done a fine job tailoring their rides to best fit every single family member. Some prefer the adrenaline and thrill of a roller coaster, while others seek a boat ride, stage shows, or animal experiences. There’s also dozens of rides for toddlers, babies, and kids of all ages. With plenty to consider, our comprehensive, printable Disney World rides list will save you time from the search so you can redirect your attention elsewhere - such as researching the best Disney vacation packages!
What are the Best Rides at Each Disney World Park?Well, that depends on who you ask. Though across the board, critics and fans will confidently mention Avatar - Flight of Passage, Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind, Soarin' Around the World, Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance, Slinky Dog Dash, and Expedition Everest.
There are many common travel mistakes one can make, but the biggest is skipping out on Disney Genie+ (in replace of the prior "FastPass" service) at Disney World. These popular rides are top-rated for a reason, and with that comes lengthy lines. To ensure your budget allows for Disney Genie+ purchases, it's a priority to make sure your chosen best places to stay near Disney are within reason, so you can confidently enjoy the theme parks and all they have to offer. Now, let's continue with the best rides at each Disney World theme park and other good to know information!
Magic Kingdom Theme Park
Things To Do
Follow your Disney dreams to a place where storybook fantasy comes to life for children of all ages. At Magic Kingdom, attractions are spread across six distinct areas. Main Street U.S.A. offers a wide range of shops and restaurants plus Cinderella Castle, and Town Square Theater - not to mention the best views of the parades. Tomorrowland features the Astro Orbiter, Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin, Space Mountain coaster, Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor, Stitch's Great Escape, Tomorrowland Speedway and more.
At Frontierland, you'll find Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Country Bear Jamboree, and Tom Sawyer Island while Liberty Square offers up The Hall of Presidents, Haunted Mansion and Liberty Square Riverboat. One of the most popular areas of Magic Kingdom is Fantasyland where you'll discover a wide range of special adventures, including The Barnstormer, Dumbo the Flying Elephant, Mad Tea Party, Enchanted Tales with Belle, "it's a small world", The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, Peter Pan's Flight, Prince Charming's Regal Carrousel, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Under the Sea - Journey of the Little Mermaid and more. The sixth and final land is Adventureland and attractions such as Jungle Cruise, Pirates of the Caribbean, Enchanted Tiki Room and Swiss Family Treehouse.
Magic Kingdom: Fan-Favorite Rides
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train - Takes guests on a journey through a diamond mine, where the seven dwarfs explore for precious gems. Attraction features combination of dark ride elements and is family-friendly; suitable for a wide range of ages.
- Space Mountain - Designed to simulate a thrilling journey through outer space! This indoor attraction features dark ride elements and is recommended for goers who enjoy moderate to high-intensity roller coasters.
- Haunted Mansion - Set in a Gothic-style haunted mansion, guests take a tour to discover its ghostly inhabitants. This slow-moving attraction features special effects, animatronics, illusions, and intricate storytelling - a great family-friendly experience.
Need More Days? Check out all of our Disney Ticket Options >
Things To Do
Celebrate the fascinating cultures and wonders of the world through dazzling shows, interactive experiences and amazing attractions at Epcot. Spread across 300 acres, Epcot is nearly twice the size of Magic Kingdom and is split between four distinct areas - World Discovery, World Nature, World Showcase, and World Celebration. With its grown popularity for "Drinking Around the World", this park is especially popular to adults.
Designed around Walt Disney's vision of a futuristic utopia, Epcot is a unique experience offering both rides and an up close look at the cultures, foods and traditions of nations from around the world - including Mexico, Norway, China, Germany, Italy, Japan, Morocco, France, Canada, United Kingdom and the United States.
Meanwhile, World Discovery is loaded with rides and adventures like Mission: SPACE, Test Track and Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind! World Nature, on the other hand, has classic favorites like Turtle Talk with Crush and Soarin' Around the World. Other rides and attractions include Remy's Ratatouille Adventure (found in World Showcase), Spaceship Earth (found in World Celebration) and more.
Epcot: Fan-Favorite Rides
- Frozen Ever After - Here you'll journey through Arendelle with Queen Elsa, Princess Anna, Olaf, Kristoff, and Sven on a magical adventure! Sing songs like "Let It Go" and "Do You Want to Build a Snowman?" as this boat ride captivates all riders, of all ages.
- Soarin' - Starting in the clouds, riders will soar over breathtaking landscapes and iconic landmarks from around the world (think Swiss Alps, Mount Kilimanjaro, and the Great Pyramids of Egypt). As a smooth motion-based ride system with high-definition visuals, it is suitable for guests of all ages.
- Mission: SPACE - Take on the role of an astronaut trainee and prepare to launch into space with fellow explorers! This thrilling and immersive adventure offers 2 versions of the ride, Orange Team and Green Team, with Orange being more intense. Green has no height requirement, and is more accessible to a wider range of guests.
Disney's Animal Kingdom
Things To Do
Disney storytelling comes to life in a kingdom brimming with fun, wonder and adventure – not to mention lots of animals! Join together with your circle of loved ones to savor thrilling attractions, live shows, the majesty of nature and fascinating animals. From a 14-story, 50-foot wide Tree of Life with 325 animal carvings to the wild and woolly Expedition Everest roller coaster, thrills await you.
While Animal Kingdom features more than 2,000 animals from over 250 species, the park is much more than a zoo, offering a long list of rides and attractions across a number of unique areas and lands. The park centerpiece is found in Discovery Island where the Tree of Life towers over the park with its many animal carvings. You'll also find It's Tough to be a Bug inside the tree.
Then, there's Pandora - The World of Avatar where you can journey into a spectacular, bioluminescent glow-in-the-dark rainforest in search of the Na'vi Shaman of Songs on Na'vi River Journey or ride on the back of a Banshee aboard Avatar Flight of Passage.
In the Africa section of the park, you won't want to miss the Kilimanjaro Safaris - offering a close-up look at the animals of the African plains. You can also enjoy Festival of the Lion King, wander down Gorilla Falls Exploration Trail and check out Rafiki's Planet Watch. Asia offers up attractions such as Finding Nemo the Musical, Maharajah Jungle Trek, Kali River Rapids, Expedition Everest coaster, and Feathered Friends in Flight! Meanwhile, the youngest of the family will love Dinoland U.S.A. and rides like TriceraTop Spin, Chester & Hester's Dino-Rama, and the Boneyard play area.
Animal Kingdom: Fan-Favorite Rides
- Expedition Everest - Embark on an exciting journey through the Himalayas in search of the "Guardian of the Forbidden Mountain" - the yeti himself. This high-thrill coaster offers an immersive story and thrilling coaster elements, making it an excellent ride for guests who are seeking adrenaline and adventure.
- Avatar Flight of Passage - This 3D simulated flight experience takes riders to the world of Pandora on the back of a banshee. Known for its stunning visuals and realistic motional experience, this attraction is family-friendly with height requirements.
- DINOSAUR - Prepare to be transported to the Late Cretaceous period, over 65 million years ago, to encounter excitement and dangers with some of the most incredible dinosaurs known to man. Due to its intense nature with loud noises, darkness, and sudden movements, this attraction is geared towards riders who are less frightened by simulated scares and fast-paced rides.
Disney's Hollywood Studios
Things To Do
Salute the world of showbiz — from Hollywood classics to the best in popular entertainment. Take center stage as the star of your own adventure: from rock 'n' roll fantasy to Broadway-style stage spectaculars, from the silver screen to the TV screen to behind the scenes. From roller coasters and thrill shows to a behind the scenes look at the movies, the fun never ends.
One of the biggest highlights of Disney's Hollywood Studios is the attention given to space-themed Star Wars! In the Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge area of the theme park, you'll find Millennium Falcon - Smugglers Run, and the immersive Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance. Meanwhile, in Echo Lake area of the theme park, you'll find Star Tours - The Adventure Continues.
Another can't miss area is Toy Story Land, featuring Alien Swirling Saucers, Slinky Dog Dash, and Toy Story Mania! Sunset Boulevard offers up high thrill adventures including The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror and Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith. And, kids of all ages will love Voyage of the Little Mermaid found in Animation Courtyard.
Disney's Hollywood Studios: Fan-Favorite Rides
- Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance - Join the Resistance as the battle against the First Order takes place. Known for both its advanced technology with animatronic characters and holograms, as well as its interactive adventure, this ride is family-friendly. It's also a must for Star Wars fans! Note: the ride itself is up to 20 minutes long - Disney Genie+ and Lightning Lane is recommended.
- Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith - Rock out with the crew from Aerosmith! This attractions starts with a "pre-show" experience, leading into boarding a "super stretch" limousine coaster vehicle. Reaching speeds up to 57 miles per hour in 2.8 seconds, this indoor rollercoaster is recommended for those looking for a high-energy experience.
- Slinky Dog Dash - Placed in the setting from the "Toy Story" films, riders race through Andy's backyard with familiar characters including Woody, Jessie, and Rex! Designed as a family coaster, this attraction is accessible to a wide range of riders, even children who are new to roller coasters.
Plan Your Disney Vacation Today!
No matter when you plan to visit Disney Orlando, to expect a one-of-a-kind experience is to expect advanced planning. Determine which parks and must-do attractions you want to experience most using our free printable list of rides at Disney World. Consider available Disney Genie+ and Lightning Lane options or purchasing MagicBands, which could fit in your budget if you select affordable resorts near Disney World. Decipher if your getaway will be a weekday or weekend trip to WDW, as crowds will vary. And, remember to save time for other Disney activities such as visiting Disney Springs or the two Disney water parks, Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon.
Frequently Asked Questions
There are currently more Magic Kingdom rides than any other Disney World theme park, with the list continuing to grow!
You can easily ride over a handful of rides in a day at Disney World, especially when you have the added perk of Genie+ and Lightning Lane.
If you're looking for a thrill-based adventure, Disney's Hollywood Studios is your theme park. Head to Twilight Zone Tower of Terror to find out yourself.
Though it really does vary by season, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays tend to be the least busiest days at the parks.
You May Also Like:
Disney on a Budget: 50 Ways to Save on Your Disney VacationMay 11, 2023
Ranked: We reveal the Best Disney Springs RestaurantsApril 5, 2019
Say Goodbye to Disney Wait Times: Things To Do at Disney with No Lines!March 12, 2018
Share This List of Rides at Disney World Blog With Your Friends!
Share this Post