Pet Friendly Hotels & Resorts
Pet-Friendly Vacations Across the U.S.!
Looking for a vacation that your whole family, and yes that includes a travel destination your pet, will enjoy? Then look no further than Westgate Resorts. With exquisite properties all across the United States, we offer your family and furry ones everything from a mountain adventure to a relaxing beach stay. To top it all off, the list of on-property activities and attractions near the resorts are endless and include theme parks, dog parks and, in some instances, dog-friendly restaurants.
Traveling with a dog or cat doesn’t have to be complicated or stressful! Our spacious villas offer accommodations fully equipped with a kitchen and separate areas for living, dining and sleeping. You and your pet will enjoy a friendly, relaxing stay in your home away from home.
When reserving your villa or vacation rental, we recommend calling ahead to verify the details such as your dog's weight and breed. You may encounter a limit to the number of pets allowed in some locations. In many cases, the hotels you visit will also require your pet to be fully vaccinated for rabies, bordetella, etc. Please contact us in advance to verify our pet fees and room cleaning fees and restrictions.
Gather any medicines and proof of vaccinations
Don't forget food, water, and feeding bowls
Bring your pet's bed, crate and favorite toys
Traveling with a dog or cat can be a treat for all. Family members, especially the kids, will love having your four-legged friends around to share happy memories during your getaways. And Fido will be thrilled to tag along rather than be left behind at home. When traveling with animals, you'll also want to be sure to pack your pet's favorite food and toys, as well as any medicines or favorite items that may offer additional comfort.
Westgate Resorts offers a variety of options for those with four-legged family members! So if traveling with paws is on your bucket list, check our pet welcoming resorts and learn why we are pet lovers!
Book your vacation in one of our pet-friendly resorts:
Our Pet Friendly Policy
At Westgate, we are pleased to offer you an opportunity to bring your pets along on a fun-filled Florida vacation in the Orlando / Lake Buena Vista area or one of our other exclusive resorts. Please note the following pet friendly policy requirements.
Pet Policy for River Terrace Resort & Convention Center, Westgate Branson Lakes Resort, Westgate Branson Woods Resort, Westgate Flamingo Bay Resort, Westgate Historic Williamsburg Resort, Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa, Westgate Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort, Westgate Painted Mountain Golf Resort, Westgate River Ranch Resort & Rodeo, Westgate Smoky Mountain Resort & Spa, Westgate Towers Resort, Westgate Town Center Resort, Westgate Tunica Resort, Westgate Vacation Villas Resort, and Wild Bear Inn.
- One dog or one cat is allowed per unit.
- Pet must not exceed 60 pounds.
- The following breeds are not allowed on property: Pit Bulls, Rottweilers, German Shepherds, Huskies, Alaskan Malamutes, Doberman Pinschers, Chow Chow, and Presa Canario.
- The Pet/Cleaning Fee is $170.00. Additionally, we require a refundable pet deposit of $100.00, which is returned if there is no damage to the unit.
- At check-in, guests are required to advise the Front Desk that they have a pet. If the guest does not advise the Front Desk that they have a pet, and a pet is found in the room, they will be charged $190.00, in addition to the $100.00 deposit. Guests are fully responsible for their pet’s actions and any damages that may occur.
- While the pet is in the unit it is expected to be supervised at all times.
- At the time housekeeping services are provided, the housekeepers will not service the unit if the pet is left unattended.
- It is the guests’ responsibility to confirm with the resort Front Desk staff as to the locations outside of the guests’ unit where pet will be permitted.
- When pet is out of the unit and on property, it is expected that the pet be on a leash and under the control of the handler. It is expected that the handler will pick up and properly dispose of any pet deposits.
- In the event a pet soils or stains fabric, additional charges may be assessed accordingly.
- The pet is not allowed in the Restaurants, Spa, Marketplace, Pool Areas, Game Rooms, and/or common retail space or amenities.
- Pet must not disturb other guests.
- All linens are removed from the unit including bedspreads and mattress pads for proper washing. All linens will be washed and dried in the property’s laundry facility to ensure proper hygiene.
- The unit will be deep cleaned, using Westgate Resorts authorized cleaning products, which includes all furniture, glass, tables, ceiling vents, etc., so as to ensure a clean and safe unit.
- Floors will be mopped using a neutral cleaner to eliminate odors and bacteria, followed by a deodorizer to ensure freshness and elimination of pet hairs.
- Please contact our Resorts Services Department for further questions.
- This policy does not apply to service animals. Owners and Guests with service animals are not charged any of the above fees. Service animals are permitted at all resort locations whether they have a pet unit or not.
Pet Policy for Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino: Westgate Las Vegas will allow up to two (2) dogs per room/suite as "pets," all other types of animals that are deemed as pets are not permitted on property. A mandatory, non-refundable cleaning fee of $175.00 will be charged upon check-in. A pet must not exceed 60 lbs/27 kg, or in the case of multiple pets, they must not exceed 60 lbs/27 kg combined. Height and length restrictions apply: pets can be no longer than 36 in/92 cm and no taller than 36 in/92 cm. Certain dog breeds have a reputation for being more aggressive than others and for the safety of all guests, these breeds are not allowed on property. Restricted dog breeds may include, but are not limited to, Pit Bull, Rottweiler, German Shepherd, Husky, Alaskan Malamute, Doberman Pinscher, Chow Chow and Presa Canario, Great Dane, Sharpei (other dog breeds at discretion of management). At check-in, guests are required to advise the Front Desk that they have a pet. If the guest does not advise the Front Desk, and a pet is found in the room, they will be charged $75.00 in addition to the $175.00 non-refundable cleaning fee. While the pet is in the room/suite, it is required to be supervised by the guest or crated at all times. At the time housekeeping services is provided, Housekeeping will not service the room/suite if the pet is left unattended or uncrated. When the pet is out of the room/suite and on property, the pet is required to be on a leash and under the control of the handler. In the event the pet damages, soils/stains fabric or carpet beyond normal cleaning, additional charges will be assessed. A Pet Relief Area has been provided for the guest convenience. The handler is required to pick up and properly dispose of any pet desposits in the room/suite and pet relief area. A pet is not allowed in public areas, including but not limited to: restaurants, spa/salon, pool areas, showrooms, convention spaces, casino, and/or common retail spaces. A pet will not be permitted to disturb other guests. Aggressive behavior, even for breeds no listed and/or excessive barking will result in removal from property. Animals whose sole function is to provide comfort or emotional support do not qualify as service animals under the ADA. A service animal is a dog or miniature horse that is individually trained to do work or perform tasks for a person with a disability. The pet policy does not apply to service animals and they will be permitted in all guest areas. The mandatory cleaning fee is waived for service animals; however, damage caused by a service animal will be charged according to the hotel's standard procedures.
Book your next vacation at pet-friendly Westgate Resort
Give us a call today! 1-877-288-7422