Share this Post
Now you can live your Star Wars adventure in a galaxy that's not so far away! Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge is an exciting new land at Disney's Hollywood Studios in Orlando, FL! Inspired by the Star Wars universe, the 14-acre area at Walt Disney World is an extensive expansion that will include Star Wars themed rides, shops, restaurants and unique entertainment experiences.
In addition to extraordinary rides and attractions, entertainment, and character greetings, this entire land will immerse you in a Star Wars universe straight out of the movies - the remote planet of Batuu, home to smugglers, rogue traders and adventurers.
All your Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Questions Answered!
Located inside Disney's Hollywood Studios, the Star Wars land replaced most of the park's Streets of America section as well as the surrounding backlot facades, shops and restaurants.
No, Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge is included with regular admission to Hollywood Studios theme park.
With the Play Disney Parks App, you can turn your mobile device into a Star Wars Datapad and explore the planet Batuu, interact with door panels and droids, look inside cargo crates, translate signs throughout Black Spire Outpost, and more. The app will guide you deeper into the galaxy and help you uncover stories and secrets throughout the land. With each job you complete, you'll enjoy digital rewards including star maps, ship schematics and galactic credits.
The rides and offerings are almost identical at Disney's Hollywood Studios and Disneyland Resort - featuring the same attractions, restaurants and shops.
Star Wars Attractions at Disney's Hollywood Studios
Star Tours - The Adventures Continue
You'll be immersed in Star Wars on this special flight simulator featuring 3D video and audio animatronic characters, plus in-cockpit special effects and music. You'll board a Starspeeder 1000, but when the ship mistakenly launches too soon, C-3PO takes the controls. Soon the ship is intercepted by Imperial Forces, sending you on a thrilling and unpredictable flight to the far reaches of the galaxy.
Star Wars Launch Bay
Explore exhibits of Star Wars costumes, models, concept artwork and movie props. You'll also enjoy a short documentary on the Star Wars creative team, explore a cantina and other settings inspired by the Star Wars Galaxy, and experience a meet and greet with Chewbacca and Kylo Ren.
NEW Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run
A thrilling, 6-passenger motion simulator attraction, Millennium Falcon puts guests in the cockpit of Hans Solo's famed ship for an interactive smuggling mission with Chewbacca and Hondo Ohnaka at the helm. Each passenger will be assigned a role as part of the crew and you'll fly the craft like a giant video game. Beware, the worse you do on your mission, the more rocky and turbulent the ride.
NEW Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance
This is the most immersive and advanced attraction ever imagined at Disney - putting guests in the middle of a battle between the First Order and the Resistance. You'll be recruited to join Rey and General Organa at a secret base and after being captured by a First Order Destroyer, you'll ultimately escape, protect the secret base and stay one step ahead of Kylo Ren.
More To Do at Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge
- Savi's Workshop - Travel to Black Spire Outpost where you'll discover a secret workshop packed with memorabilia from around the galaxy. There you can construct & purchase your very own, one-of-a-kind lightsaber.
- Droid Depot - Enter a wondrous warehouse full of moving droid parts where you can build and adopt your very own R- or BB-series astromech droid. You can also purchase pre-assembled droids and other Star Wars merchandise.
- Oga's Cantina - Enter the notorious Star Wars watering hole filled with bounty hunters, smugglers, rogue traders and other travelers. You'll enjoy a delicious menu of exotic drinks and concoctions for kids and adults.
- Creature Stall - Explore this shop of cages and crates filled with exotic species from across the galaxy. Check out the many rambunctious Kowakian monkey-lizards and other creatures available for purchase.
- Docking Bay 7 Food and Cargo - Hungry travelers can enjoy galactic treats in this uniquely themed restaurant offering unusual flavors. You can sit inside the spacious hangar or outside in a rustic seating area surrounded by the cracking walls of the old marketplace.
Our Featured Disney Package
Star Wars fans can experience the excitement of Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge as part of an equally entertaining 3-day/2-night getaway at Westgate Resorts in sunny Orlando, FL!
Bring your Star Wars and Disney dreams to life with a 3-day/2-night magical vacation package featuring luxury accommodations and 2 (one-day) tickets of your choice to Disney World. Our beautiful resort properties put you on the doorstep to Disney World and you can take advantage of our complimentary, scheduled shuttle to Disney. When you're not enjoy the theme parks, relax and enjoy a spacious villa with all the comforts of home and experience a wide range of fun-filled resort-style amenities and activities for the entire family!
Share this Blog post with your Friends!
Share this Post