Share this Post
- Go to Disney during off season when ticket prices are lower
- If you plan on going to more than one Disney park, buy a Multi-Day pass!
- Bundle up! Look for Stay + Tickets packages since these usually offer tickets at a Discounted price.
- Local Resident Discount can save up to 30% on certain Disney tickets
- Ask the parks about AARP and AAA Discounts
- Annual Passholders get a discount on tickets, have them buy your tickets
- Consider going before your child turns 3 and that’s one less ticket to buy
- Skip the long lines for 3 of your favorite attractions and for no additional cost with Disney’s Fast Pass+
- Download Disney World’s official app to view waiting times and plan our your day at the park
- Go early to avoid the crowds and find shorter lines
- Use Disney’s official app to order your lunch or dinner in the theme park
- If you are staying at a villa with a kitchen, consider ordering groceries online using Walmart Grocery Pick-up or InstaCart and avoid using your vacation time for grocery shopping
- If you buy souvenirs at the theme parks, Disney can actually store them for you while you enjoy the rest of your day at the parks and then you can pick them up at the Front Entrance once you are ready to go
- Orlando offers many hotels close to the theme parks, so consider staying at a Non-Disney resort or hotel
- Some hotels offer a first responder discount, make sure to ask!
- Ask about Military Discounts before booking your stay
- Bring your Educator ID to your hotel and resort in case they offer an Educator Discount
- If you are a member of a Hotel Rewards system, use your points to save on your stay
- Book a vacation rental or villa that includes a kitchen and all the amenities from home
- If you are staying near the parks, take an Uber or Lyft to the parks to avoid paying parking fees
- Ask your resort or hotel about any free shuttle transportation to the parks
- If you live in the states near Florida, consider driving to Orlando, FL instead of buying expensive flights
- If you do fly to Orlando, don’t check extra bags since many villas and vacation rentals include a washer and dryer
- Use complimentary Disney buses, monorail, and water taxis
- Pack water bottles that you can refill in the many water fountains around the parks
- Bring snacks!
- Check if your resort or hotel offers complimentary breakfast
- If you are staying at a villa or vacation rental, you can stock up the fridge and even cook a few meals at your home away from home
- Some of the Disney World Restaurants offer a free birthday dessert
- Buy Themed Mugs at the theme parks that you can refill as many times as you want during the day
- Take a look at Disney’s Dining Plan options
- Ask for a cup of ice water at any Disney counter service restaurant. It’s free!
- Take a stroll around Disney Springs
- Buy Souvenirs outside the park
- Make your own Character Autograph Books
- If it’s your birthday, special occasion or first visit, ask for a Free Celebration Button at the theme park
- Check the free Character Meet and Greet Photo with Disney Visa Card
- Bring your own camera, have photographers take pictures or look for selfie spots
- Buy your princess or character costume online instead of at the parks
- Look for the Craft Stations around the World Showcase Crafts at Epcot
- Admire beautiful animals at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Ask about the free Disney Transportation Collector Cards at the parks
- Take a fun stroll around Disney’s Boardwalk
- Find Hidden Mickeys at Disney Resorts
- Bring your child’s stroller and avoid renting one
- Bring a Poncho or umbrella since they can be pricey at the parks
- Use Disney’s free wifi throughout the parks
- Give kids a Disney gift card to keep them on a budget
- Buy a small portable fan outside the park since you will find them at a lower price than at the parks
- Just Don’t Go - Consider these other 50 things to Do Besides Theme Parks
Want to share our list on your blog?
Go ahead! All that we ask is that you include a link back to this post so your readers can view the full list of 50 Ways to Save on your Disney Vacation.
You May Also Like:
Ranked: We reveal the Best Disney Springs RestaurantsApril 5, 2019
Disney Rides & Attractions: The Complete List! | Free Printables IncludedDecember 3, 2018
Say Goodbye to Disney Wait Times: Things To Do at Disney with No Lines!March 12, 2018
Share this Post