Pet Friendly Hotels & Resorts in Orlando
Pet Friendly Hotels in Orlando, Florida
Vacations offer a special chance to get out and travel to new areas while escaping the same old routine. What better way to get away from the day-to-day obligations as well as jobs and school. So why not bring our pets along as well! Pet also enjoy a break from the routine! And it can be difficult as well as expensive to leave our pets behind when we head out on vacation.
Yet traveling with pets can be a wonderful and rewarding experience for you and your pets. If you're ready to hit the road with your pet, you can ease the process with a little proper preparation and that includes finding the best pet friendly rooms and places to stay in Orlando. Just remember, when researching the best pet friendly rooms and villas in Orlando, Florida, it’s important to call ahead and verify details for your pet. Let your pet friendly hotel know you are bringing your pet, verify details such as weight or breed limits or the number of pets allowed. Some hotels may also require your pet be fully vaccinated for rabies, Bordetella, etc. When it comes to pet friendly stays, you can find a hotel room or even enjoy a luxurious villa near the theme parks, near International Drive, and close to Disney in Lake Buena Vista.
Our Pet Friendly Resorts in Orlando, Florida
Pet Friendly Activities in Orlando, Florida
You can find a wide range of pet friendly areas and activities throughout the central Florida area.
Go on a Stroll Around Lake Eola Park – This beautiful lake area is a true gem and one of the most popular locations to take pets for a walk. Expect your pet to be making friends as you walk the approximate one mile path around this downtown lake and admire the many beautiful and iconic swans. You can also dine in one of the many exquisite restaurants or visit one of the various boutique shops nearby in the Downtown Orlando, Florida area.
Take Your Pets to Theme Parks, Seriously! – Because all of us in Orlando understand that family travel can include your furry pal as well, Walt Disney World, Universal Studios Orlando, and SeaWorld Orlando offer Pet Day Care and/or Kennel Services that will allow your dog(s) to have a Theme Park Vacation as well. Disney's pet care center in Lake Buena Vista, FL offers boarding, daycare, grooming and a long list of accommodations and activities. Your pet can enjoy a play group, special treats or even a movie. And you can spend time with your pet playing in a private dog park.
Enjoy a Day Full of Relaxation – Vacation travel is meant for relaxation! You'll find plenty of room at a local Pet Spa while you wash all your stress away in one of our tropical outdoor swimming pools or enjoy a massage at our award-winning Serenity Spa.
Paddle Board With Your Doggie - This one we will leave up to you! But it could be a cool experience if you and your dog are up for it. This pet friendly activity gives you an opportunity to not only bond with your little one, but also to soak in the sun and the incredible weather that Orlando, FL has to offer. You'll also find a number of pet friendly beaches along both of Florida's spectacular coasts.
Go on a Hike With Your Pet – Go on a nice and easy hike with your pet in Wekiwa Springs, where you will be able to admire Florida’s flora and fauna but also give your dog his daily walk in a fun and new environment. With more than 42,000 acres protected along a scenic river basin, the area offers plenty of hiking options for you and Fido.
Pet Friendly Packing Tips
During your Orlando trip, make sure to have everything that you might need to keep your pet happy, calm and entertained both in your room and out. This will allow you to have a worry-free vacation and help your pets enjoy this beautiful city! Here’s a list of essentials when traveling with your pet to Orlando, FL:
- Vaccination Records
- Collar and Leash
- Water Dispenser & Food Bowl
- Food & Water (lots of water!)
- Pet Carrier or Seat belt
- Prescription Medications
- Pet Waste Bags
- Paw Booties (in case the pavement is too hot)
Pet Friendly Travel Tips
- Before your flight or road trip, we recommend that you take your dog for a walk and make sure he/she is well exercised to reduce excess energy. This will help your dog rest inside the crate.
- Make sure your pet is in a cool environment while you are out. As you know, Florida weather can sometimes be too hot for your furry friends so we recommend keeping the AC on and never leaving them unattended inside a car.
- Pets should be limited to the back seat and kept safe by utilizing a pet crate, carrier or harness.
- Always keep your leash handy. Pets need to get out and stretch their legs, too. When stopping for gas or at a rest area or restaurant, be sure to leash your pet before opening doors. You'll also want to be careful when opening doors to your room or villa.
- Pets get hungry during a trip. But it's best not to feed them in a moving vehicle. Offer up some light meals and a little water during your rest stops.
- Plan ahead and let us know that you have a dog or cat so we can explain the Pet Policy. Once you are settled into your room, ask about the pet designated areas around the property.
Our Pet Friendly Policy
At Westgate, we are pleased to offer you an opportunity to bring your pets along on a fun-filled Florida vacation in the Orlando / Lake Buena Vista area. Please note the following pet friendly policy requirements.
- One dog or one cat is allowed per unit.
- Pet must not exceed 60 pounds.
- The following breeds are not allowed on property: Pit Bulls, Rottweilers, German Shepherds, Huskies, Alaskan Malamutes, Doberman Pinschers, Chow Chow, and Presa Canario.
- The Pet/Cleaning Fee is $170.00. Additionally, we require a refundable pet deposit of $100.00, which is returned if there is no damage to the unit.
- At check-in, guests are required to advise the Front Desk that they have a pet. If the guest does not advise the Front Desk that they have a pet, and a pet is found in the room, they will be charged $190.00, in addition to the $100.00 deposit. Guests are fully responsible for their pet’s actions and any damages that may occur.
- While the pet is in the unit it is expected to be supervised at all times.
- At the time housekeeping services are provided, the housekeepers will not service the unit if the pet is left unattended.
- It is the guests’ responsibility to confirm with the resort Front Desk staff as to the locations outside of the guests’ unit where pet will be permitted.
- When pet is out of the unit and on property, it is expected that the pet be on a leash and under the control of the handler. It is expected that the handler will pick up and properly dispose of any pet deposits.
- In the event a pet soils or stains fabric, additional charges may be assessed accordingly.
- The pet is not allowed in the Restaurants, Spa, Marketplace, Pool Areas, Game Rooms, and/or common retail space or amenities.
- Pet must not disturb other guests.
- All linens are removed from the unit including bedspreads and mattress pads for proper washing. All linens will be washed and dried in the property’s laundry facility to ensure proper hygiene.
- The unit will be deep cleaned, using Westgate Resorts authorized cleaning products, which includes all furniture, glass, tables, ceiling vents, etc., so as to ensure a clean and safe unit.
- Floors will be mopped using a neutral cleaner to eliminate odors and bacteria, followed by a deodorizer to ensure freshness and elimination of pet hairs.
- Please contact our Resorts Services Department for further questions.
- This policy does not apply to service animals. Owners and Guests with service animals are not charged any of the above fees. Service animals are permitted at all resort locations whether they have a pet unit or not.
Book your Orlando vacation at Westgate Resorts
Give us a call today! 1-877-288-7422