Share this Post
Traveling to a new city or country is always exciting but to some people, it can be a bit hectic. Well, it doesn’t have to be! With enough time to prepare, a travel list and a few mobile apps, you can turn off the stress and turn on your VACATION MODE! To most of us, the million dollar question before going on a vacation is always “What should I pack?” In our Travel Essentials list you are going to find some tips and tricks that you should pack not only in your bag but also on your phone and itinerary. Let’s get started:
What to “Pack” in your Phone
- Offline Maps – Sometimes traveling outside your state or country can affect your mobile phone coverage. For this reason, we recommend downloading Offline maps! These maps use your GPS location (not your data) to show you your location and things to do around the area. The best way to find these maps is to search for “City + Offline Map” in your App Store.
- Weather – Taking the weather into consideration is important when you are planning your vacation, when you are packing and once you are there!
- Reviews App – This is a must! Review apps such as Yelp, Foursquare, Trip Advisor, among others, help you find places to eat, to do and visit in any city or country. It is the best way to find out what people are saying about restaurants and attractions and what to try once you are there.
- Theme Park/ Attractions Apps – Popular theme parks like Walt Disney World and Universal Studios have amazing and helpful mobile apps! These provide you with Park Hours, Show Times, and Wait Times which will definitely help you throughout your theme park adventure.
What to pack in your Bag aka Travel Essentials!
INFOGRAPHIC: Travel Essentials List – Designed by the team at Westgate Reservations
EMBED OUR INFOGRAPHIC ON YOUR SITE:
What to pack on your Itinerary!
To us, travel essentials go beyond what’s in your bag! We also understand that going to a city can sometimes be a once in a lifetime trip and for that reason, it needs to include a little bit of everything. Take a look at some more travel tips to make sure you take into consideration when planning your vacation itinerary:
- Transportation to Attractions: A good thing to always keep in mind is how you plan on getting from the resort to the attractions. Some hotels in tourist destinations, like Orlando FL, offer free transportation to popular attractions!
- Attractions Hours of Operation: Nowadays, popular attractions are open almost every day of the year, but in some cases, Museums are closed on Mondays. We suggest checking on the attractions websites so you can plan your days accordingly.
- Exploration Time: Allow yourself some extra time to take pictures, explore areas near the attractions, buy souvenirs or go shopping!
- Enjoy a City like a Local: One of the best things to pretend to do during vacation is live like a local! This means that you go to the best local spots to eat and what we call “off the beaten path” attractions. These are places that are not going to be super packed because sometimes they are some of the best kept secrets. To find some of these locations, we recommend using a Reviews app (Yelp or Foursquare) and reading travel blogs.
Share this Blog post with your friends!
Share this Post